Friday, December 01, 2006

These things happen in threes...

OK whats with all of the celebrity personalities I actually respect and admire falling on hard times?

First, it was Melanie from Sprout, losing her job.

Next came Steve Irwin, almost a daily fixture in my household in some way or another.

Now Greg Page, the Yellow Wiggle, is quitting because of a debilitating illness that affects his balance. Read more here.

I figure the kiddies may or may not notice his absence, but probably not. They can always watch reruns or the multitude of DVDs they own, without ever noticing he's not there. I however am saddened by this. Here is a group of guys who are the most wealthy entertainers in Australia, but I don't have any ill-will toward them like I do your Tom Cruises and Paris Hilton's for being wealthy. They provide me with something to give my kids to watch that I don't hate, and this is huge coming from a parent who had to sit through Barney and (ugh) Teletubbies and Boobah.

I wish the Wiggles continued success, and I wish Greg all the best. Beauuuuty mate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home